What is a combi boiler?
Combination boilers (Combi Boiler) are extremely efficient and space saving within your home…
They are used in most new boiler installations within the UK because of these reasons…
The combi boiler is different from many others, the need to store hot water is not needed, meaning that a hot water cylinder is no longer needed…
So why do they call it ‘Combi’? Because these boilers work with a combination of heating water and central heating as well!!
So why choose a combi boiler?
- If you do not have much roof space for installation of a different boiler or if you want to use the space for something else then this is the boiler for you.
- They are protected from sudden changes of water temperature when you are in the shower.
- You do not have to wait for water to heat up, a combi boiler heats up on demand.
- Finally, if you are upgrading your boiler from an existing system then this is the most efficient type around.
There is only one real disadvantage of having a combi boiler…
In order for you to get your hot water on demand you need an adequate supply of cold water.
This resulting in reduced flow of water if a large number of taps are flowing at the same time, however this does depend on the type of combi boiler you choose to install.
If your water supply is not adequate or you have sudden pressure decrease then this probably is not for you.
You may also want to check that the type of shower you have in your home is compatible with a combi boiler (pump assisted or multi-jet showers are not ideal for this type of boiler).
But there are lots of advantages to having a combi boiler…
- Hot water on demand!
- Cold water coming from the main thus and instant hot water eliminates the needs for a cold water tank or hot water cylinder.
- Highly efficient and will save you money!
- Compact unit which will save you space in your home!
- No tanks placed in roof and less pipe work means less to install.
- Faster installation, reducing initial cost.